Often when i'm working clients ask questions about their makeup and tools.
The most common are:
1. What do I do with my brushes? How do I keep them clean?
2. Do I need to change my mascara? And how often?
3. Is there any way to clean my makeup?
Here are the simplest ways to keep your tools and makeup clean.
1. Brushes: Should always be cleaned. Just because you are the only one using them,
doesn't mean they don't get dirty!
A. Use a gentle baby shampoo is a exceptable option. I like to use warm water
get a little suds. Gently swoosh it aroud, Don't push or press hard and lose the
brush hairs shape, use your clean fingers to gently knead. Then rinse with warm
water. Try and not lose the shape of the brush, you can reshape and put in a
container that is upright and not hitting the bristles to air dry.
B. Use an actual makeup brush cleaner. Theyr'e are many on market and most
have some percentage of alcohol in them. I prefer these because i work on
numerous people. After everyday i use them, they are cleaned. Cinema secrets
Ben Nye are some of the products i use.
2. Mascara: This is very important. Change your mascara every 8-12 weeks!!!
Bacteria can live and when mascara gets super dry, this is not
good !! End of story.
3. Makeup: You can clean your eye shadows and lipstick. Go to the local beauty
supply store. Purchase 99% alcohol and a small spray bottle. Put
alcohol in bottle and spritz either eye shadow or lipstick. Then with
a papertowel lightly wipe clean. I do this weekly.
I hope these tips help you. Keeping your makeup and tools are important. Our faces
are delicate :} Have a great day!!!